Wednesday 9 October 2013

Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes

I


I have so many cherry tomatoes right now in my garden that I have to incorporate them into most every meal. My family devours these in no time! I simply pan fry the tomatoes in olive oil, garlic and herbs. This is a great side to any meal. I recently served them with Cajun Chicken Alfredo Fettuccine  and it added a nice freshness to the rich dish.




Ingredients


1 ½ tablespoons good olive oil

1 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)

2 cups cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes

1 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish

1 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish

1 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper




Directions

Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Add the garlic to the oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to loose their firm round shape. Sprinkle with a little fresh chopped basil and parsley and serve hot or at room temperature.

Link to Recipe:Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes
What a vision of beauty! I grew these little gems in my garden. 

Heat olive oil and add fresh garlic. Saute in pan for about 30 seconds.  Be careful to not burn the garlic!!!!


Add tomatoes. Cook shaking the pan to cook tomatoes on all sides.

Add herbs, salt and fresh pepper.

Cook for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes start to just loose there shape a bit. Serve immediately





No comments:

Post a Comment