Wednesday 18 March 2015

Brownies


I have made many brownies over the years and I must confess I haven't met very many I don't like haha. This recipe is one of my favourites. I can tell by the way they disappear that my family really enjoys them too. Sometimes I will also sprinkle nuts over top of the frosting to add that special touch.



1 Cup butter

4 squares unsweetened chocolate

2 Cups sugar

4 eggs, well beaten

2 teaspoon vanilla

1 Cup flour

1 teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon baking powder

1-½ Cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)




Over low heat or in microwave melt chocolate and butter.

Stir butter and chocolate well, add sugar., stir well.

Mix beaten eggs into the sugar mixture.

Add vanilla.

Add the rest of the dry ingredients.

Add nuts.

Pour mixture and spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan. I used a glass pan.

Bake 325 for about 40 minutes.

Place toothpick into centre, it should come out almost clean.

DO NOT OVER BAKE!

Cool and then frost.

Icing

2 squares unsweetened chocolate

2 Tablespoons butter

¼ Cup milk

2 Cups powdered icing sugar


Melt chocolate and butter, stir well.

Add milk, stir.

Add powdered sugar, stir well.

Spread over cooled brownies.

Print Recipe:Brownies

Gently melt the chocolate and butter in a micrwave. Stir well.

Stir in sugar

Stir in beaten eggs and vanilla.



Stir in dry ingredients.

Stir in nuts. Spread into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake in 325 degree oven for about 40 minutes.

To make frosting. Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave.

Add milk and powdered sugar. Stir well.

Yummy!!

Spread over cooled brownies.




No comments:

Post a Comment