Friday 27 October 2017

Chicken Burritos


I have been making these easy delicious chicken burritos for years and wanting to post the recipe but every time I make them I cannot for the life of me take a good photo. The photos never do the burrito justice. I take from every angle and still I fall short. I decided these are too good to not post because of a photo.I found this recipe in one of my Best of Bridge recipe books.
My son Leelyn could live on these and his face always lights up when he spots the casserole pan full of burritos. In fact, my whole family likes these too. They are filled with a cheesy, creamy chicken mixture and then rolled up into a nice neat package. We like to eat them with all the fixings. Hope you like them too!






Ingredients:

4 large boneless chicken breasts (sliced into thin strips)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cups sour cream
4oz can of chopped green chilies
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
½ teaspoon red chili flakes
Salt and pepper to season chicken
8-10 medium flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
½ head lettuce, shredded
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

Serve with :Guacamole, sour cream and salsa


Directions:

In a large fry pan heat the oil over medium heat.

Saute the chicken in the oil until cooked through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Stir in 1 cup sour cream and all the Monterey Jack cheese.

Add chili peppers.

Divide mixture between 8-10 tortillas.

Fold tortillas burrito style. See pics.

Place in a lightly greased casserole pan side by side.

Sprinkle the burritos with the cheddar cheese.

Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until cheese melts and the burritos are heated through.

Remove from oven. Sprinkle shredded lettuce on plate. Top with a burrito.

Serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa

Print Recipe:Chicken Burritos

Cooked the chicken slices in  a little olive oil over medium heat.Season with salt and pepper.

Add sour cream, Monterey Jack cheese and chili flakes.

Divide chicken mixture among all the tortillas. Depending on the amount of mixture this recipe makes between 8-10 burritos.
Bring the sides of the burrito to the center of the filling.

Bring the end closest to you over the mixture to form a roll.

Tuck the sides in and continue rolling.

I just added more pictures of rolling as I have so many on my computer.


Place the rolled burritos into a lightly greased casserole pan.

Sprinkle the burritos with grated cheese. 
Sometimes I use Monterey Jack cheese on the top. 

Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
Here come a variety of photos that my family have served up over the years. 

We love to serve with lots of guacomole and salsa.


No comments:

Post a Comment